Monday, February 5, 2007

A Typical Day, in our Typical Way


What do we do to pass the time? How will I remember this period and phase of my life? I am almost 24 years old, which seems so young to me. It is hard to grasp numbers and what they mean. What have I done for 24 years on planet Earth? How have I grown? Have I been a cooperative vessel or have I stunted my physical and spiritual growth? ( insert dry joke from my dad that he repeats over and over at family gatherings:" Well, hehe, Karla stunted her growth by smoking cigarettes at such a young age.") Okay pops, funny, funny. We have laughed a million times....Although, now that I think of it you are pretty short yourself. By your logic, you are either keeping something from us, or perhaps we are both genetically shorter than others.

Huh.

Anyway, what I have I done? Well, I have breastfed, I have learned my shapes and colors (without you BABY EINSTEIN), I have urged forward and onward...I am now a mother, a transient being that absorbs emotional, factual, and subconscious influneces. I turn those influneces into adaptable and viable resources for emotional, physical, and spiritual survival. I am becoming myself again and again year after year. And on Feb. 8th I will have renewed myself 24 times.

SO, what is it that I really do to pass time? I spend virtually every waking moment with my little child. WE HAVE to have goals that are timed to survive. So, we laugh, we read, we watch dvd's and public broadcasting television shows, we cuddle, we sleep, we build things out of nothing. We bathe. We sing and snicker. We run in circles...

We change. We move to the beats of our hearts. We plot to take over the world...Or at least create a space to exist peacefully.
We eat good food. We listen to good music. We find comfort in breastfeeding, which we love and love...

Most importantly, we learn from eachother.

I teach her restraint and she teaches me spontaneity...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

right on sista. right on. it's amzing how your life changes after you have goals that you are striving to achieve. and we all renew ourselves.