Thursday, January 11, 2007

Dirty South


The smell of bbq chicken wings and 40 oz. cans of Schlitz malt liquor linger in the air…Nothing like living in the Dirty South. Especially off of Whitehall and McDaniel streets. Across the street is a convenience store that is protected by a wall of bars. Inside is a cashier that never breathes the same air as his customers. Connected to this store is "Wings R Us". You name it; they'll supply the flavor. At night, the lights of Turner Field create a halo over this skeleton of commerce. Across the street from this over-priced convenience store is yet another four-star restaurant. Only they are more ambitious than the wings place across the street. They serve Philly cheesesteaks along with chineiese food and “the best wings in the South”. Yeah, I spelled it right.
C-H-I-N-E-I-E-S-E, according to the owner of the restaurant. Apparently he or she passed high school geography class. Anyway, we live day-to-day hearing sirens and trains and the pitter-patter of horses hooves from the ever-so-loved carriage horses. They live their lives pulling a sleigh full of rich tourists around the ghostly city of Atlanta. They shit in buckets attached to their asses and have vision blockers on so they can’t see past a straight line ahead of them Yeah, they are living the good life. I wish I could be beat into submission for wanting to not pull thousands of pounds of flesh behind me. So the horses live in stables really close to us and we hear them whipped and trotting all the way home. Nothing like living in outdoor stables that are right beside the busiest interstate of the south to avoid air pollution…Anyway, the days of our South gangster living are coming to an end sometime in the next two years for sure. If anyone reading this knows that I am still here after Jeremy and I graduate I give you permission to poison our wine glasses.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If we are both still here, I'm poisoning ALL of our wine glasses.